Dhaka University Library

Integrated System (DULIS)

 
01 02 03 04 05

At A Glance

The Dhaka University Library started in 1921 in the premises of present Dhaka Medical College. The former Principal of the Dhaka College, F.C. Turner, was the first Librarian of the Dhaka University Library. The Library was started with 877 students, 60 teachers of 12 departments under 3 Faculties - Arts, Science and Law. At present the library serves about 35000 individuals, comprising of faculty members, students, researchers, staffs and approval members of other academic communities. Initially, the library started with a collection of 18,000 of books received from Dhaka College and Dhaka Law College. Now, the library contains 621,058 volumes of books and bound journals; over 30,000 rare and old manuscripts and numerous microfilms, microfiches, CDs and DVDs. The collection of this library is increasing gradually because library is a growing organization.